A tractor ridger is a tractor attachment used to create ridges in a field. It is attached to the rear of the tractor, and the driver uses it to dig a furrow in the soil. The ridger is made up of steel or iron teeth which are adjustable in depth and can be angled to create ridges of varying widths. The ridger is used to prepare the soil for crops or to control water run-off. It can also be used to create pathways or to break up clods of soil. The ridger is raised and lowered by a hydraulic cylinder and is powered by the tractor’s hydraulic system.
Uses of Ridger
Ridger is one of the useful tractor implements, some of the use of Ridger listed below:
- Ridger is used in agricultural operations to create land divisions, rows, and raised beds for crops.
- Tractor Ridger can also be used to create small dams or other structures for irrigation.
- disc ridger is used in landscaping to create mounds, ridges, and terraces for visual appeal.
- It is a great tool for creating boundaries between properties or fields.
- It is used to create drainage ditches or channels to divert water away from areas.
- It is also used to level uneven ground and create an even surface, making it easier to work with.
- Ridger can be used to create firebreaks to help reduce the spread of wildfires.
Types of Tractor Ridger
- Moldboard Ridger: A moldboard ridger is the most common type of tractor ridger. It is used for creating ridges in soil for planting crops. It has a curved blade that is used to cut into the soil and form ridges.
- Disc Ridger: A disc ridger is a type of tractor ridger that uses a single or multiple discs to cut into the soil and form ridges.
- Chisel Ridger: A chisel ridger is a type of tractor ridger that uses a chisel-like tool to cut into the soil and form ridges.
- Roller Ridger: A roller ridger is a type of tractor ridger that uses a roller to form ridges in the soil.
Disc Ridger for Sale
You can find a wide selection of disc ridgers for sale online. There are many different brands, sizes, and types of disc ridgers available, so you should be able to find one that fits your needs and budget. Popular brands include Fieldking John Deere, Case IH, Kubota, and Massey Ferguson. Prices can vary greatly depending on the type and size of the disc ridger, so it’s important to do your research before making a purchase. You can also find used disc ridgers for sale at many farm equipment dealers and auctions.
Disc Ridger Price
The price of disc riders in India and USA vary depending on the type and model of the disc rider. Generally, disc riders in India cost between Rs. 1000 – Rs. 5000, while disc riders in USA cost around $50 – $200.